Saturday, May 27, 2017

A New Day

Light streams over the mountain- Sol lamp of Odin soon to rise.

Ond stirs the trees - Day takes it first breaths.

Black gives way to the riotous colors of nature.

Birds sing- The first Hail Day!

 Another day of consciousness and breath - Already a victory- Another chance to work the will on Midgard.

Thoughts take flight- Like newly awakened Ravens- Wings straining ever higher into the great beyond of becoming.


   The preceding poem is something that came to me following my morning cauldron work (found in "A METHOD OF TRANSCENDENCE IN THE GERMANIC TRADITION" by Steven Mcnallen),  and then meditation on the rune Sowilo. I have roughly been following the Rune work laid out in the "Nine Doors of Midgard" by Edred Thorsson and I am currently opening my second door As I have been learning/ working with the Runes, and meditating on them, I have felt and discovered lots of things. Books come into my life, discussions, thoughts, voices, seminars, seemingly unrelated events that cause me to say  "OH, now I get that"! And now, poems ( I don't generally think I am very poetic so I am hoping this is somewhat of an exception to the rule).

   I now know with a certainty that the Gods, the Ancestors, indeed the Magical Will of the multi-verse speak to us and let us feel their presence through the runes. They can teach us much about ourselves, and why we are here if we will but take the time to calm and silence ourselves and listen. Our inner multi-verse reflects outward and creates its mirror image in the outer multi-verse. The dysfunction and strife that we see in the world today is but a reflection of the inner state of its inhabitants This is why the struggle of learning what the self is, developing it, and learning to control it is all important. Inspiration is available to all of us if we will but listen. I hope the poem speaks to you in some way as it did to me.

Hail Life!

1 comment: